Dr. Mentz - Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Facelift Surgeon Houston, TX
About Dr. Mentz
Selected a "Top Doctor" in Plastic Surgery 2003 – 2010 in H-Texas® Magazine and "Super Doc" by Texas Monthly® Magazine, Henry Mentz is Americas first triple-boarded plastic surgeon. With over 150 publications and presentations to his credit, Dr. Mentz continues to advance the art and science of Facelift and Cosmetic Plastic surgery. Recognized as an authority in facial rejuvenation and specialist in body and breast refinement, his innovations include improved face lift techniques, abdominal etching, more comfortable tummy tucks, safer liposuction and special breast augmentation techniques.
"A keen aesthetic sense and devotion to detail are paramount in every procedure."
• The first surgeon in the USA to receive these three boards:
• The American Board of Plastic Surgery
• The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• The American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
PLASTIC SURGERY AWARDS & HONORS
• Recognized by Best Doctors as "most respected dotors in each fo the specialties of medicine".
• Voted "Top Doc" by H-Texas, 2003 - present.
• Consistantly voted "SuperDoc" by TexasMonthly / SuperDoctors.
• Recognized as one of "America's Top Plastic Surgeons" by Consumers' Research Council of America.
• Internationally recognized as top in his field by Beyond Black, an international luxury publisher.
• Practice was nominated as "leading Plastic Surgeon of the United States" by Goldline Research and published in Forbes Magazine, Dec 2009 issue.
• Doctors'Choice award by Health & Fitness Magazine.
• Best Journal Article for research work done on improving safety in high risk aesthetic surgery by theAmerican Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and by the American Surgery Education and Research Foundation.
• 1976-1980 Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Bachelor of Science Degree
• 1980-1984 Louisiana State University Medical School New Orleans, Louisiana, Doctor of Medicine
• 1984-1986 Ochsner Foundation of New Orleans, General Surgery
• 1986-1989 Tulane University School of Medicine, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery
• 1989-1991 St. Joseph Hospital of Houston, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• ASAPS Certification for Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery
• Certified by ASAPS for Face and Body Aesthetic Surgery
• Certified for Microsurgical, Laser, Ultrasonic, and Endoscopic Surgery
• Special Training for Botox, Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Isolagen
• Aesthetic Plastic Surgery continuing medical education
TEACHING AND RESEARCH
• Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery St. Joseph Hospital
• Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery Baylor College of Medicine
• Teaching staff, Operation San Jose. Cleft lip mission for underprivileged children with facial deformities.
• ACPS Research Department with Plastic Surgeon Amado Ruiz-Razura, MD
• Contributed over 150 papers, presentations and chapters for plastic surgery in the last 20 years
• President, Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2001
• More than 150 articles, presentations and chapters on liposuction, breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation
• AMA - Physician Recognition Award
• American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) Safety Inspector, operating rooms, 1996
• Active on two breast implant research teams
• Lifetime appointment - Stratenburg's Who's Who
• Lifetime appointment - Registered Listed in Who's Who in Medicine
• Chief, Plastic Surgery Division, Sharpstown General Hospital, 1994-1996
• Officer, Houston Society of Plastic Surgery
• Listed in the ABMS Directory of Board Certified Medical Specialists
• Laser Safety Officer, 1995-1996
• Chief, Department of Surgery, Sharpstown General Hospital,
• Chief Resident, St. Joseph Plastic Surgery, 1991
• Chief Resident, Tulane, Head and Neck Surgery, 1989
• Officer, Ochsner Resident Program
• President, Senior Medical School Class, LSU, 1984
• Aesculapian Honor Board, LSU Medical School
• Mortar Board Honor Society, LSU, 1980
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
• International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
• American Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASFPRS-past member)
• Lipoplasty Society of North America (past member)
• American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (AAOHNS-past member)
• Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
• Fellow, International College of Surgeons (FICS)
• The American Medical Association
• Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Texas Medical Association
• Louisiana Medical Association (past member)
• Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons (past president 2000-2001)
• Harris County Medical Society
• UNIQUE CREDENTIALS / MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
• First Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the nation
• Author of 5 chapters in Plastic Surgery texts
• Over 150 papers and presentations for plastic surgery in the last 20 years
• Voted "Best Doctor" for Plastic Surgery by Best Doctors®.
• Selected as one of "America's Top Plastic Surgeons" 2008 by the Consumers' Research Council of America.
• Chosen a "Super Doc" by Texas Monthly® Magazine for Plastic Surgery, 2004-2009
• Picked as a "Top Doctor" in Plastic Surgery 2003 – 2010 in Inside Houston Magazine, H Texas Magazine
• Founder of Texas largest private aesthetic surgery practice
• Featured surgeon in local and national magazines, papers and broadcasts
• Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at two training programs
• Active on two breasts implant research teams
• Provides reconstructive plastic surgery and support to children inunderdeveloped countries
• Lifetime appointment to "Who is Who in Medicine,” and “Who is Who in America”
• Trained with inventors of the breast implant, Dr. Tom Cronin and Dr. Frank Gerow
• Trained with the first to perform liposuction in U.S., Dr. Simon Fredericks
• Trained with the inventor of Structure Rhinoplasty, Dr. Calvin Johnson
• Active in researching the best plastic surgery techniques for patients
DR. MENTZ'S IDEAS AND INNOVATIONS FOR FACELIFT AND OTHER SURGERY
• 5 Book chapters in Facelift , Liposuction, Etching, Fat Metabolism and Safety
• Over 150 presentations, publications and articles in plastic surgery
FOR BODY CONTOURING
• Invented and first to perform and publish “Abdominal Etching,” liposculpture of the six pack, 1992 and published in 1993
• Invented “Modified Abdominal Etching” for the athletic abdomen, presented in 1995
• Body contouring with liposuction, 1995, 1996 and 1999
• Improved Safety in Large Liposuctions, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2006
• Invented new “Single Puncture Gynecomastia Reduction,” eliminating the visible scar, 2004 and published in 2007
• Invented and first to perform “Pectoral Muscle Etching” for men, 2004 and published in 2007
• Invented fat grafts to erase the “Bra Strap Groove,” 2004 and published 2007
• Improved Safety in Private Surgery Centers, 2001
• First to publish “Local Anesthetic Pain Pumps in Abdominoplasty” for reduced recovery and improved safety with tummy tucks, published in 2004
• Fat grafting for Morphea (advanced scleroderma), the stem cell advantage, 2006
• A safer approach for Breast Lifts with Implants, presented in 2007
• Ongoing research to use stem cells from liposuction
FOR FACIAL REFINEMENT
• Elegance in Structure Rhinoplasty, presented in 1992
• No scar weekend Facial Rejuvenation, presented in 1996
• New Endoscopic approaches to Facelifts, presented in 1997
• Minimal incision Facelift, "the cutting edge", presented in 1999
• Youthful eyes with scarless procedures, presented in 2001
• Improved Facelift Strategies, better SMAS lifting, published in 2004
• Teaching international courses for browlifts, facelifts, and necklifts, 2004
• Research with Isolagen, fibroblasts to remove wrinkles, presented in 2004 and 2005
• Introduced the “Liquid Facelift,” layering Botox, Restylane, and Radiesse, 2005
• Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery - Surgery Center
• St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
• Memorial City Hospital
• Columbia Woman's Hospital of Texas Bayou City
• Bayou City Medical Center Bellaire Medical Center
• St. Joseph Hospital
• Spring Branch Hospital
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
Dr. Mentz has contributed over 150 papers, chapters, and presentations at national and international meetings for plastic surgery in the last 20 years.
Dr. Mentz is a founder and partner of The Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery, one of the largest private plastic surgery teams in the country specializing in aesthetic surgery. His extensive training and magnitude of experience have merited Triple Board Certification. He is the first surgeon in the United States to hold these three boards.
His distinguished credentials in facial rejuvenation with special interest in body contouring have proven his commitment and enthusiasm for the specialty of plastic surgery. Recognizing his expertise and experience in the field of cosmetic surgery, he has been chosen for membership in all of the esteemed plastic surgery organizations (ASPRS, ASAPS, FICS, FACS, AAFPRS). Memberships for these societies are awarded only to board certified plastic surgeons who demonstrate the additional interest and experience in cosmetic surgery, and can pass the scrutiny of well-respected peers in this area of plastic surgery.
Dr. Mentz occasionally travels with a team to deliver surgical services to underprivileged children in Mexico, Latin America and South America born with Cleft lips and palates. He and his staff support several medical missions locally and internationally.
Dr. Mentz has dedicated the last 20 years of his career in medicine to the art and science of aesthetic plastic surgery. He has been named "Top Doctor" (by H-Texas® Magazine) and "Super Doc" (TexasMonthly® Magazine) in the field of Plastic Surgery for Houston for many years. He has been invited to provide expert insight in both print and broadcast media locally and nationally on many radio shows, TV Channels 11,13 and 51, and publications of The Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Plastic Surgery News, Plastic Surgery Products, Longevity Magazine , Beauty Magazine , Robert Kennedy MuscleMag , International MuscleMag , Health and Fitness Magazine , Texas Woman magazine, H Magazine and the Houston Post and Houston Chronicle Newspapers.
He attends many meetings, lectures nationally and internationally and is on the teaching staff at two major residency programs in Houston. He has contributed chapters to five plastic surgery texts and more than 150 other national and international publications and presentations. Over the years he has been able to analyze and improve his results, reinforcing the theory that experience is the best teacher. His clinical experience is devoted 100% to aesthetic surgery. When in surgery, your safety is his number one concern.
His ultimate goal is to create a natural and youthful appearance with minimal detectability and risk. Dr. Mentz and his dedicated staff strive to provide that Added Touch to maximize your experience and make it as comfortable and refreshing as possible. To accomplish this The Center offers a full spectrum of ancillary services to speed your recovery and improve your results. Dr. Mentz would like to become a partner with you in your pursuit and make this experience one of the highlights of your life.
The My Medi Spa Group is a partnership between our Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mentz, our Aesthetic Trained Family Nurse Practitioner, Renee Arriaga, and several Houston facilities. Renee is a highly trained advanced nurse professional and is able to offer her services at very cost effective and comparable rates while still providing the highest level of care that is physician supervised. Renee’s services include providing injectable services such as: BOTOX®, Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse as well as chemical peels, and seeing post operative patients in Dr. Mentz’s clinic. Treatments are provided in the calm and soothing surroundings of either our own Medispa or one of our partner locations. Both Dr. Mentz and Renee are certified and trained at the “Platinum” level for BOTOX®, Restylane, Juvederm and Radiesse. In allowing you the freedom of choice, we have created unique partnerships with premier quality spas in your area in order to provide you with the most pleasant and professional treatment atmospheres possible. In addition, we would like to thank you for partnering with us as we donate a portion of the profits to help impoverished children. We are proud that Renee supports and directs several medical missions for this cause.
RENEE ARRIAGA, RN, MSN, FNP, APRN-BC
To serve others with love and respect, while encouraging them to reach their full potential. I will accomplish this mission by dedicating my life’s work to serving, helping, and encouraging others daily whether it is done personally, in nursing, or through spiritual missions.
• 2004 Houston Baptist University, Master’s Degree in Nursing and graduation from the Family Nurse Practitioner program with e GPA of 3.87.
• 1998 University of Phoenix, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, graduating with honors.
• 1989 Tyler Junior College, Associate Degree in Nursing
Specialized Training and Certifications
• Registered Nurse, 1989
• Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (AANC), 2004
• BOTOX® Cosmetic Certified
• Juvederm Trained
• Restylane Trained
• Radiesse Trained
Treats patients on Saturdays at the Port of Houston Grace Project in conjunction with food distribution through Christian Alliance for Humanitarian Aid.
Part-Time Clinical Instructor for Alvin Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program
CEO/Medical Director for the Circle of Love Ministries, Houston, TX (501c3)
Member of the Board of Directors for the Christian Alliance for Humanitarian Aid-Pearland, TX
Member of Beyond the Walls ministries at Lakewood Church, Houston, TX
Involved in the ministry of missions; treating patients in Houston, Mexico, and Central America. Mission locations include: Port of Houston, Houston, TX; Matamoros, Mexico; Tegucigalpa, Honduras; San Salvador, El Salvador; La Guitara, Guatamala; Chipas, Mexico, and Lima, Peru.
Dr. Mentz's Focus has been Facelift
Cosmetic Surgery Excellence for over 20 Years
Dr. Mentz's Focus has been Facelift
Cosmetic Surgery Excellence for over 20 Years